HAIR LOSS IN WOMEN
What causes hair loss in women?
Hair loss is a condition that society largely associates with men, but more than 20 million American women suffer from female pattern hair loss. Female pattern hair loss is a progressive condition that nearly 66% of women will experience in their lifetime. Female pattern hair loss is often hard to diagnose because the underlying cause of the condition can be uncertain. Female pattern hair loss is also difficult to treat, because unlike men, women tend to lose hair in any area of the scalp as opposed to the temples and crown like men. Some of the causes of Female pattern hair loss are an excess or intense styling of the hair, a thyroid imbalance, low iron or vitamin D, hormone changes, or even a traumatic event.
Typically, with Female pattern hair loss, there are few options for traditional treatment. Sometimes, medications applied to the scalp are prescribed, and in other cases hairpieces or wigs may be worn. Specialists often suggest topical products like Minoxidil to treat female pattern hair loss, but any hair that grows as a result of these products tends to be temporary and last only three to four months. Another treatment that is usually an option is hair transplant surgery which is popular among male hair loss patients, yet in women it is often unfeasible.
- PRP for androgenetic alopecia
- Platelet-rich plasma for androgenetic alopecia: Does it work? Evidence from meta analysis.
- Randomized Placebo-Controlled, Double-Blind, Half-Head Study to Assess the Efficacy of Platelet-Rich Plasma on the Treatment of Androgenetic Alopecia.
- A Mechanistic Model of Platelet-Rich Plasma Treatment for Androgenetic Alopecia.
- Meta-analysis of efficacy of platelet-rich plasma therapy for androgenetic alopecia.
- The Effect of Platelet-Rich Plasma in Hair Regrowth: A Randomized Placebo-Controlled Trial.
- The Effect of Plasma Rich in Growth Factors on Pattern Hair Loss: A Pilot Study.
- Autologous Platelet-Rich Plasma for the Treatment of Pattern Hair Loss.
What are my options?
New therapies are available for Female Pattern Hair Loss that are highly effective at naturally regenerating the damaged hair follicles. The issue with a traditional surgery, is that it is often not possible to pin point the area to transplant hair from. The sporadic patterns of female hair loss often leave many women with an insufficient amount of healthy hair follicles to surgically transplant.
What’s the procedure like?
With PRP therapy, local injections are used and can be injected into any area of the scalp. PRP therapy promotes permanent growth because the therapy reactivates and repairs the hair follicles on a cellular level. PRP therapy is safe because the PRP formulated for the treatment is made from the patient’s own blood. PRP therapy provides scar-less, undetectable results that follow your natural hair pattern for complete natural-looking results. PRP has a long lasting permanent healing effect to naturally repair hair follicles. The procedure itself has zero downtime, letting patients return to their normal daily routine directly after the procedure.
I am truly amazed with this treatment! I had my knees treated and in just 3.5 weeks I am feeling so much better! I have heard of so many stories of lives being changed for the better and now I am a believer too. Thanks for the improved quality of life!